On January 21, 2015 WhatsApp Inc announced the release of a web client for its Whatsapp messaging service.The client will enable users to chat via a web browser.
To use the client via a desktop follow the following simple steps :
- Active whatsapp account on your phone.It must be the latest version i.e whatsapp version 2.11.498.Note that Your phone must be running on the Supported mobile Operating Systems i.e. Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry (IOS not supported)
- Ensure that you have a Stable internet connection on the phone where whatsapp is installed and the computer that you will use.if you want to share your phones internet on the computer , follow these steps : click here
- From your browser on the computer,go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ .(note that the Supported Browser is Google Chrome).On this website, a QR code is displayed.
- Go to whatsapp menu on your phone and select Whatsapp Web ,t he phone camera will be automatically be activated in order for you to scan the QR code.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the https://web.whatsapp.com/.The picture/code which serves as a verification measure shall be automatically shared through WhatsApp on your phone.
After successfully scanning the QR code, whatsapp will be active from your computer’s browser.
Tip : You can use your phones data connection (internet connection) on the computer by following these simple steps.
more details : http://blog.whatsapp.com/614/WhatsApp-Web