The application of old passports was quite tiresome and took ages to be processed. The good news is that we have an easier way of acquiring a passport just a click away. You can apply, renew and replace the E-passport from your devices at the comfort of your room as well as making payment of the services is also done online.
This process of acquiring a passport will take at least 10 business days upon submission of your form and documents physically at the immigration offices at Nyayo House, Mombasa or Kisumu.
NB; Make sure you provide all the details by filling correctly. Otherwise the process will take too long.
Keenly follow the steps below to apply for the e-passport;
- Visit the e-citizen website on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Login or register
You will to register if you don’t have an account with the immigration service department, if you have already created the account, login with your credentials.
- Use the link https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/ and click on the passport application form.
- Follow the instructions keenly before proceeding to fill the application form.
- Choose the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form, three application receipts and invoices.
- Submit the application form physically to the Immigration offices. On submission, ensure you have the following documents;
- Three receipts and an e-Citizen pre-filled passport application form.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Recommender’s ID card copy.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Parents National ID cards and copy.
- Old passport for replacement (Valid for those seeking to replace their old passports.)
Passport Fee and means of payment
|Passport Type||Fees (Kshs)|
|East African Passport||990|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||7,550|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||7,550|
The following are the payments options;
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Mobile money; M-PESA, AIRTEL MONEY
- Online banking from the local banks